Why open an RDSP
An RDSP allows you to save money for the future, without paying tax on the earnings. The federal government will contribute as much at $90,000 to YOUR account. Your provincial government disability benefits will be unaffected. Really, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain…
Top 10 reasons to open an RDSP
- You choose where to invest your money. All the major Canadian banks are offering RDSPs.
- The government contributes generously! For every $1 saved, they will match up to $3.
- If you have a low income and cannot invest yourself, the government will still save for you!
- An RDSP will not affect your disability benefits.
- This is an easy way to save for big items like mortgage down payments, home renovations, cars, and vacations.
- There are no restrictions—you can spend the money on anything you choose.
- When you close an RDSP, your contributions and investment gained are yours.
- With savings tucked away, the future becomes yours to imagine.
- If you become more powerful economically, decision makers will need to take you seriously.
- The whole world is watching. What happens here in Canada may determine the future of people with disabilities in other countries.