How to Apply for an Adult
Endowment 150 is available to adult residents of BC who:
- Have not previously received a $150 gift from Endowment 150
- Are under 60 years of age
- In order to be eligible for the RDSP you must be under 60 years of age (if 59, the individual must apply before the end of the calendar year in which he/she turns 59).
- Have an RDSP
- If you are applying on behalf of someone else, they must be listed as the RDSP beneficiary
- Find out how to get an RDSP if you don’t already have one
- Receive the federal Disability Tax Credit (DTC)
- The DTC is available to persons with a disability to help reduce income taxes. To be eligible for the DTC you (or your dependent) must have a severe and prolonged impairment. The DTC is a requirement when opening an RDSP
- Find out more information about the DTC
- Review the Canada Revenue Agency requirements for receiving the DTC and download the DTC application forms
- Have received provincial income assistance any time after January 1, 2008 OR have net income below $25,000 per year
- If you are unsure if you receive income assistance, you can find out by contacting your local Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation Employment and Assistance office.
- To check if your net income is below $25,000 per year, check your CRA Notice of Assessment Net Income (Line 236).
Here’s what you’ll need to include with your application to Endowment 150:
- Endowment 150 Adult Application Form (Download below)
- A copy of a recent RDSP statement, transaction record, or confirmation from the bank where your RDSP is deposited
- Make sure this includes: the RDSP beneficiary (this is the person the RDSP is meant to support), the RDSP holder (if you are applying for yourself, this will be you), and the RDSP account number
- “Recent” means dated less than 6 months ago
- If on income assistance, no proof is required.
- If income below $25,000, include a copy of your latest CRA Notice of Assessment, showing your net income (line 236).
- Make sure this includes: your name, your net income on line 236, and your SIN number
Mail or fax in your application form, RDSP statement, and CRA Notice of Assessment (if applicable) to:
Suite 260 – 3665 Kingsway
Vancouver, BC V5R 5W2
Click the button below to download the adult application form.
These initiatives are made possible with generous support from the