Access RDSP Media Kit
If you would like to share information about the Access RDSP project, here are some FREE RESOURCES for you to do so. Please feel free to post information to your blog, share on social media, and tell your friends and clients. If you require more information, images or resources, please email Bronwyn at email@example.com
Access RDSP and the RDSP
Access RDSP is a province wide partnership between Plan Institute, Disability Alliance BC (DABC), and BC Aboriginal Network on Disability Society (BCANDS) to encourage financial security via uptake of the Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP). The Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) offers people living with a disability not only an opportunity to save for future costs but also to take advantage of up to $90,000 the federal government may provide on their behalf. It is estimated that only about 39% of British Columbians who are eligible for an RDSP have opened one. In response, the Access RDSP program provides a “one-stop-shop” for all things RDSP to encourage long-term saving.
Access RDSP – Free Community Resources
- DTC Support – DABC advocates provide direct support by helping people who are eligible for the RDSP to apply for the DTC, a pre-requisite for the RDSP.
- Help with the RDSP – Plan Institute operates a Disability Planning Helpline (1-844-311-PLAN) – 1:1 support provided by expert advisors, on key future planning and RDSP information.
- Free Info Sessions – Access RDSP offers RDSP and DTC learning sessions – information for families, healthcare professionals, financial professionals, organizations, and other groups.
- Indigenous RDSP Navigation – If you are an Indigenous person living with a disability, the BCANDS RDSP Navigation program can help you to open an RDSP to assist you in meeting future financial needs.
- $150 Grant for BC Residents – Plan Institute is administering Endowment 150, a $150 one-time grant aimed at helping individuals and families with low incomes save for the future by jump-starting their RDSP. We are looking to distribute 1000 grants each year – please spread the word!
Share these blog posts on your blog or social media:
Use this shortened URL for your Facebook and Twitter posts: https://goo.gl/Z4yC9U
Access RDSP provides free #RDSP & #DTC supports & services to people in BC with disabilities. Learn more here: https://goo.gl/Z4yC9U
Plan Institute has partnered with Disability Alliance BC and British Columbia Aboriginal Network On Disability Society (BCANDS) in order to spread awareness of the Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) and the Disability Tax Credit (DTC) to help those who need support to access this incredible financial tool. #RDSP #FinancialSupport #Disability #BC
Click the links below to download and share our collateral and logo!
About Access RDSP Members
Plan Institute is a non-profit social enterprise that works to improve the lives of people with disabilities by collaborating on community-based projects, offering a suite of learning initiatives, and advocating for policy reform.
Disability Alliance BC (DABC) is a non-profit organization that supports people, with all disabilities, to live with dignity, independence and as equal and full participants in the community. We champion issues impacting the lives of people with disabilities through our direct services, community partnerships, advocacy, research and publications.
BC Aboriginal Network on Disability Society (BCANDS) is a non-profit organization which assists Indigenous people who live with a disability, and reside within the province of British Columbia or on-reserve organizations requiring health information, resources and support services.
For more information on how to share info about Access RDSP, please email Bronwyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.